Sunday, February 5, 2012

A couple photos

Taking a little break from an essay I'm writing to post some photos! Headed to the school bar tonight to watch the Super Bowl which I'm pretty excited about. I have so many more pictures to share once I receive my cord from mama at home but here are just a few!

Some fun street art I've seen over the last week!

It's snowing today! Woke up at my friends house to see this view out of her window. Its hard to hate the snow when this is the result.
My friends birthday cake at her 18th bday fete. I showed up expecting nothing fancy but was greeted with a doorman, elevator tenant, two djs, numerous bartenders, and catering from one of the nicest restaurants in the city. Oh and a rented out movie theater the next day to pre screen her fathers film before he shows it at Cannes this season. Not to mention it was in his penthouse on the corner of Champs-Elysees and George V. Arguably her balcony has a better view than the Eiffel Tower. Yeah she hates her life. 

Back to school party with new friends! Sitting on a hammock over a swimming pool. It was definitely quite a fun night!

Chinese New Year on my street last weekend, seeing as I live in Chinatown. So cold but so fun!

Standard Eiffel Tower pic, walking home from school. 

Champagne day trip. Too cold to take many pics but I do have a few to share.


My walking tour/architecture class last wednesday at Notre Dame as well as the crypte archeologique (which is the original city, lutecia, under the notre dame. still quite preserved with the roman walls and baths.) Coldest day of the month so far so it was a struggle to pay attention but we did get to sit in on mass inside the Notre Dame which was exciting!


A church next to one of my campus locations. It makes me giggle every time I walk by this graffiti. 

A little square in Montmartre has this man stuck in the wall. There is a very long tale behind the reasoning which I thought was extremely interesting. Cliff notes is that he can walk through walls, and once he  falls in love he becomes stuck in his lovers wall and can never escape. 

Champagne from Champagne.

Ice skating rink on the Eiffel Tower! My friend Chantal is a professional ice skater so I stole this picture from her because I was in class when she went, but what an exciting experience for her!

One of our private tours in Champagne. I love that he stores his motorcycle with his bottles. 

And finally, a little picture from the Provins trip the first week of school. 


Socrates is calling so I shall dash and finish my paper. Hopefully I'll receive my cord by the end of the week to be able to do a full blog post within the next week or so!
Until next time
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment