Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Florence, Pisa, Lucca



Ah I am sure that you ALL hate me because it has been like 3 weeks since I have posted but I truly am sorry and I have some GORGEOUS pictures to make up for it! I just returned from Italy today, we went to Florence, Pisa and Lucca for a long 4 day weekend. I am now OBSESSED with Italy. It is such a gorgeous country and I cannot wait to go back next week for spring break.



To start it off, here is a picture of the main square in Florence, it is the oldest square in the whole city and the buildings date back to ancient roman times.  This is the center of the city, with town hall, a copy of the David statue, and many others as well.  The Duomo is one of the main attractions of the city, with architecture is similar to that of Barcelona. It is absolutely gorgeous on the outside but completely empty on the inside... weird.The real David! I learned so many facts about him. Took what felt like a 2 hour tour all about the statue. For example, did you know that his pupils are heart shaped? It was forbidden to take pictures in the museum so I only snapped the one, but I think its a pretty good shot! Ponte Vecchio in Florence. So pretty! Our second day it was raining like crazy, but we managed to climb to the top of the point and lookout on the whole city. Such a nice view! So different from being stuck in the city of Paris.



Canolis for the two 12 hour overnight train rides. Yum!Went to Pisa on Monday took cheesy tourist pictures,and ate gelato.

 Then we headed to Lucca, about 2 hours from Florence on the train, and rode bikes around the whole city. This was probably my favorite part of the trip. Lucca is a really small town encircled by a wall of grass all along the perimeter, which we rode atop of.   So nice to have fresh air and get some real exercise! I felt like I was back at home in this town for some odd reason.



 View from the top of a tower in Lucca. Little slice of Italian paradise.


Italy was so much fun, and I still have my Bordeaux pictures to post. I'll try and get on that tomorrow. Spring break starts on Friday, which I am so excited for! 16 days, Athens, Rome, Barcelona, Amsterdam and then back to Paris. Sounds like the most perfect 2 weeks I could ever imagine.
Until next time
xo

1 comment:

  1. Rape of the Sabine Women & Heracles and Nessus! 2 of my favorite statues. You didn't post a picture of the 2nd one, but hopefully you saw it.

    ReplyDelete